Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 reboots - cannot reset to factory. What should I do?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 reboots - cannot reset to factory

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 in the UK

It restarts constantly.
It seems stable if I don't unlock(screen pattern) but as soon as I do with 30 seconds it restarts.
It seems slightly more stable in Safe Mode but still restarts.

I have managed to get in and try and factory reset following these instructions:

Press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons, and then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery."
Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command".
While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button once.
Press the Volume Down button three times to highlight "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
Press the Volume Down button seven times to highlight "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select the option to reboot your device.

However it restarts and all my data appears to still be intact....all apps remain, it's not turning on like a new phone to set up which I thought it would.

Any advice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish