1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Lightbulb GMAIL LOGOUT LOGOFF Switch User/Accts???

How do I logoff/logout of Gmail?

How then do I login/logon to a different Gmail/Google account?

amazing to see how many times something like this has been posed, and no straight answers that I can find...

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by cognus View Post
    How do I logoff/logout of Gmail?

How then do I login/logon to a different Gmail/Google account?

amazing to see how many times something like this has been posed, and no straight answers that I can find...
    Go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Add Account

This will get you another Gmail Account on the phone. You can't just log-out since certain things are tied to the account, such as apps and contacts. You can switch between gmail accounts to read email, and disable the sync of an account if you no longer want to be receiving email notifications.

Short answer is that you can't just log-out, unless you do a factory reset and enter a new gmail account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Hotel California!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

one more: what happens if you simply change to a new/other/different SIM card?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I'm adding this bit of detail as the topic is a bit more flexible than indicated above.

I achieved a "break" with my account by doing the following:
    1. on my PC I opened my google account, went to settings etc, and changed my password, saved all the stuff, and exited.
    2. On my 'Droid phone I entered Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market>Clear-all-Data .. hit that, confirmed to wipe out everything. Closed and exited.
    3. New Notification: problem logging in my account!

yep.
    so at least for the time being, the account is 'off the air' so to speak. I suppose if I simply left it that way and added a different account, messy as that is, the associations would all be changed/fixed.

If you go to Settings and "Manage Applications", then to the "Market" and clear all the data, and

Default Re: GMAIL LOGOUT LOGOFF Switch User/Accts???

I have a gmail account and two email accounts from my ISP on my Google Nexus 7 and can't log out of ANY of them, short of deleting/removing the accounts.
    What kind of stupid oversight is this?
    I can't show my tablet to my friends and colleagues because my emails are automtically exposed to them. If I could log out of the various email accounts, I could let others use or try my tablet. But with my email accounts open and readily accessible, containing both work-related and personal emails, I'm not about to share that information with people.
    Terrible design flaw/oversight.
    I can share my laptop or my desktop with anyone because I can protect my email.
    Can't do that with my tablet. Just nuts.