Which smartphone manufacture has the best Gps,Wifi and Cell radios in there phone?

A

AC Question

Which smartphone manufacture has the best Gps,Wifi and Cell radios in there phone.

I am having lots of issues with connectivity with my Samsung Note 4 with Gps and cell reception. I have been reading the forums and I now realize that this is a problem with the Notes. I have tried all the recommended fixes with had no luck so far. I rely on my phone for driving so it has become a major issue. I am at the point of switching out the note 4 for something else but I don't want to be in the same situation. My cell service is horrible in the house and the signal strength is always very low. The Gps takes forever to get a fix and I am always going to a window to try to improve my cell reception.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which smartphone manufacture has the best Gps,Wifi and Cell radios in there phone.

Hard to say one manufacturer has better radios. It varies too much from model to model. Reception with your Note 4 sucks but a Note 3 or Note 5 may work fine. A phone that may be best for one user may not be the best for another user with different conditions. Also your carrier, local interference, terrain, etc - many things figure into how good your reception is.

Carrier signals vary much more than phone radios. You might be better off with a different carrier instead of a different phone.

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which smartphone manufacture has the best Gps,Wifi and Cell radios in there phone.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Same here, I spend more time with Google Maps on my Note 2. Voice calls, Google Maps, and general WiFi need for file sync, are the most used and most critical functions for me. They all need top performance from a smartphone. Camera performance gets all the attention from reviewers these days, which is great; but would like to see thorough analysis and review of what you have pointed to - the basic aspects of a good cell phone today: the Cell, GPS, WiFi radios.

From some initial browsing the internet (note: not Googling, but browsing the internet!), it appears that the Moto's have the solid radios, with the LG's being weak, and deteriorating quickly with time. Very subjective, but putting this here, to elicit comments, and hopefully some knowledgeable person's views.

I think longevity over time with typical use - dropped phone etc. - is very critical to the radio's health, and hoping that someone can point to some insight.