Painkiller7

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Phone - SPH-L720 / Sprint Galaxy S4
Rooted - Clockwork
TriForceRom 5.4 - Full install
Android 4.3

I installed the updated version of TriForce Rom about 2 months ago. It has worked great until the last 2 days it my phone began rebooting periodically throughout the day.

- Sometimes it wont even get past the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo.
- Sometimes I can't get it back on without taking the battery out and back in after a few seconds.
- Sometimes after booting to the home screen and loading all the apps, within 20-30 seconds the "turn off / reset" window pops up and automatically turns the phone off without me doing anything.
- Sometimes when I press the power button to dim the screen the "Turn Off / Reboot" screen pops up and then 2-3 seconds later the phone shuts off. Other times the pressing the power button just dims the screen.
- If I leave it alone for a while it will automatically reboot 10+ min after it shuts off.
- The memory is 85-90% full so I deleted a bunch of apps and random files. It still randomly reboots.
- I noticed the top portion of the power button doesn't "click", but the bottom portion of the power button does make the little "click sound".

Is the rom acting up?
Is my battery shot and I need a replacement?
Is my power button bad and in need of replacement?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction to a solution. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674