How to turn off Notification for Andriod OS Update?

Green Roc

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I own Galaxy Tab 4, and I want to stop getting notified with a jingle reminding me that there is an update to the OS.
Or
Change the sound of the jingle for the OS update reminder, so I can tell it apart from email notifications.

For the questions that may come up:
I do not want to update as a 'solution'.
I do not want to turn off all jingles, just the jingle for the OS update.
I do not want to update because my tablet works fine as it is (except for update reminder jingle).
I do not want the update because my current OS takes up less diskspace.
OS reminder wants to update to Lollipop, Android 5.0 OS.
I do not know what my current OS is, nor where to find out.

I use my tablet for letting me know I have new email, and pretty much nothing else.
The jingle that I hear, that tells me when I got a new email is the same as the jingle for the OS update reminder. The update jingle belittles the importance and diminishes how much I pay attention to new email jingles. I want to see my new emails immediately, and not be discouraged from checking email. The OS reminder jingle tends to happen a few minutes after I last turned on my Tablet. I have missed important emails that made me and some other people angry because I thought the email jingle was another OS reminder jingle. Now I just get angry whenever I hear a jingle and it isn't another email, just another OS update reminder, and have a routine of flipping off my device as a means to cope.

Don't tell me to update to fix this, I refuse. Let me turn off the update notification, as it should be.

P.S. I am not savvy with smart phones/tablets. Pls tell me in great detail how to find/fix things. I've had to take this thing into a computer store to edit/uninstall unwanted stuff, because I didn't know how to navigate through the options (or find the options to begin with, because the icons don't have words to identify what they are). Tablets/smartphones and other things with Metro style interfaces are so foreign to me, leaving me very confused and frustrated.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may get the update force installed on you. There are ways around it, but it sounds like it may be above your skill level. I'm not 100% sure on tablets, but I do know any phone I've owned would eventually install OS updates even if I've been telling it to ignore. I'll go to bed on the old version one night, then wake up to the new version the next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz