Podcast syncing from iTunes

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then I see someone asking how to sync podcasts. There are a lot of ways to do it, but I thought I'd share how I get my podcasts onto my Droid Incredible.

On my computer I use iTunes for podcasts. Obviously iTunes won't sync with Android devices, so I had to figure out a work around. What you want to do is create a special playlist that holds all your podcasts. You can do this by :
File > New Smart Playlist.

For the rule, use "Media Kind" "is" "Podcast" and make sure live updating is enabled.

Now, all your podcasts should show up in your new playlists.

After this all you need to do is sync that playlist. Most Android music sync apps support playlist syncing. I use DoubleTwist with the WiFi sync add-on personally and it works great for me. But you can use pretty much any syncing app as long at it is able to pull playlists from iTunes.

If anyone has any other solutions, feel free to post em!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! This seems like a great way to sync. I wonder about the sorting of the podcasts in the new smart podcast playlist though. Are they at all grouped by Podcasters? (i.e. All Android Central's together, all Engadgets' together, etc), or just groups by date when sync'd to your phone?

Also, Doubletwist has native podcast support, so if you can find your favorite podcasts right in the Doubletwist desktop app (I found mine quite easily), all the podcasts chosen then sync seamlessly (if a bit slowly) to your phone, and are grouped by podcaster. I love this method.