Exporting files from Kies on a mac??

flanyo

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I have Samsung Kies installed on a mac (my only option) and am backing up all of my files and data from Samsung Galaxy S5 on to the laptop, which is a work laptop being returned soon.

How do I export my files (photo's, vids, music, contacts etc) out of kies on a mac?

I have tried dragging and dropping them in to dropbox and an external drive but neither option worked. It seems like apple don't want you to export anything once it's on the mac?
I would ideally like to put them on an external drive or something accessible and easy to use.
I went to Samsung.com and chatted with an advisor that told me I can't access or view what is on the samsung cloud so I can either back up to it or restore from it but I don't want to override what is on there or lose any data on my phone if that makes sense?
I just need to back up my phone and remove all the data so I can reset it but then don't want to restore it with all the files it previously had like a fresh start, storing all previous data elsewhere.
I can't drag and drop files on to mac as it doesn't recognize I have connected my phone to it?
Any help with this is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo