Please Help: I'm locked out of some apps

OctangularCube

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Either I've forgotten my pattern or somebody has pranked me, as I cannot access browser, camera etc. Since the screen lock has a different pattern I can access most of the other features. Device Infinity Hot Note 2.
Thanks.

(ps: suggestions suggested on another forum:
In Settings>All>Apps>, select AppLockService, stop it, and try clearing its data
Tap AppLock icon to start AppLock.
If you are using pattern lock, please change to number lock.
Tap the 'forgot password' or '?' .
If you remember security answer, you can reset your password by security answer.
Enter your security answer.
Reset your password.
Check in Settings/Security/Device Administrators for AppLock, and if present disable it.
but nothing worked.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the General Help forum. Were you actually using the App Lock app to secure some of your apps? If not, then do you have an idea of who might be pranking you? I'm not sure there's much you can do if you've either forgotten your app lock pattern, or someone set it without your knowledge. You could always backup or sync all of your important data, then factory reset the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that's even worse. You could try contacting the manufacturer's support team, if there is one. Unfortunately, I can't find a website for Infinix--only for the wireless companies or retailers that sell the phone.