Why am I getting an insufficient space message on my phone when I have plenty of space left?

danah2015

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
why am i getting an insufficient space message on my phone when i have plenty of space left?

I know my phone is an older android, but :

I get this message if I try to download an app.
According to my Storage info I have :
Internal memory - Total space: 1.00 GB; Available space 805 MB
SD Card - Total space: 3.69 GB; Available space 3.68 GB
system memory available space 16.77 MB

My phone: LG-L38C Android version 2.3.6

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why am i getting an insufficient space message on my phone when i have plenty of space left?

Welcome to the forums. Something to keep in mind is the system likes to reserve some space, typically about 300 MB. The amount of space left on your SD card doesn't count.

danah2015

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: why am i getting an insufficient space message on my phone when i have plenty of space left?

Thank you . Is there anything that I can do to help or fix this issue? I was wanting to add an app to the phone so as to be able to just text only on it for my daughter without having to have brand new service for her. Got any ideas of how to get this to work on this type of phone?

danah2015

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

Is there any way that i can get the texting app only on the sd card-with this type of phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for the delay. The only thing that I can think of is to maybe delete some apps you no longer need?

danah2015

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

ok, I will try that and see if it helps..thank you so much!