Comprehensive SD card backup solution which doesn't miss files?

bingojeeves

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
comprehensive SD card backup solution which doesn't miss files?

I want to backup my mobile's sdcard storage to my computer. But all the solutions that I try miss some files. Example of missed files are in Android/data : I have 79 folders in Android/data but in backup I see only 25. I think not running as root is the cause of most of the file misses. I tried the following ways:

1. Botsync application: Doesn't backup directories starting with . and also misses some folders due to not running as root.

2. Multiple servers: Tried "Ice cold apps SSH server", and "ppareit FTP server". Both miss files when connecting to phone's server from PC and copying files.

3. USB MTP : Even this misses files in Android/data. I tried SD rescan before running backup, which improves the situation a bit but many folders in Android/data are still missing in backups.

4. adb backup and adb pull: They also miss files in Android/data.

Can anyone provide a solution? I know of only one thing that works, but it is too cumbersome and I can't think of a way to automate it or even make it simpler to trigger:

A. Install Ice Cold Apps SSH server
B. Grant it permission to run as root in SuperSU
C. Connect to android phone's SSH server from PC, open a shell.
D. su
E. From phone's command line, do an "scp -r /mnt/sdcard " to the PC

This gets all files from phone to the PC as a backup. But it is too cumbersome so I don't do it for weeks due to laziness.

I have TitaniumBackup, which is good for backing up applications to SD card. But I am stumped at finding a way to backup the SD card to a PC. I guess I need something that runs as root before reading files from SD card.

Any help is appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995