When losing data signal...

daftect

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
When I get into the subway, my Nexus One (along with my GF's) will sometimes lose data connection by switching with my cell provider's partner (which is only GSM without data) and my phone will be unable to authenticate with Google thus asking me to re-enter my password when I recover my data connection (either with 3G or wifi).

Is there a way to disable autosync when I lose data connection or is there something else I'm missing out?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I get into the subway, my Nexus One (along with my GF's) will sometimes lose data connection by switching with my cell provider's partner (which is only GSM without data) and my phone will be unable to authenticate with Google thus asking me to re-enter my password when I recover my data connection (either with 3G or wifi).

Is there a way to disable autosync when I lose data connection or is there something else I'm missing out?

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync to disable auto-sync.

Turning off Data Services when you know you'll be losing data might do the trick as well. You can either do this manually through Menu > Settings > Wireless Networks, or with a data widget. Hope this helps :)

daftect

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync to disable auto-sync.

Turning off Data Services when you know you'll be losing data might do the trick as well. You can either do this manually through Menu > Settings > Wireless Networks, or with a data widget. Hope this helps :)

That's what I tried today. I disabled Auto-sync and it did reask me my password when I lost signal in the subway. I didn't have that problem previously with my other cell provider. However, "Background data" was still checked on.

Could that still cause the issue?

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's what I tried today. I disabled Auto-sync and it did reask me my password when I lost signal in the subway. I didn't have that problem previously with my other cell provider. However, "Background data" was still checked on.

Could that still cause the issue?

Maybe. Now that I think about it, if you set it to Airplane Mode it should cut all data services regardless of what is checked or not.

daftect

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe. Now that I think about it, if you set it to Airplane Mode it should cut all data services regardless of what is checked or not.

Well, I'd have to check into this. I have an application called "NoBars" that goes into Airplane mode when there's no signal, but the error happens before it goes into that mode. So, when I get the signal again, I have to re-authenticate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12