Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck in factory mode

RobReading

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Basically a few days ago I woke to find that my phone had decided to partially wipe itself. Nearly all my apps were gone and it wont allow me to download any apps from the playstore, I just get an error message, also the lock screen image had gone back to stock. All the remaining apps have gone back to older versions. Next day, I was getting yellow text coming up on the homescreen that wont go away, turns out its stuck in Factory Mode. I can no longer send/receive texts or calls nor can I get mobile data.
When I start the phone up it is asking me again for a sim unlock pin, a few months ago I changed from o2 to a different network and got a network unlock pin.
I have concluded that the only way to fix the problems are to try and get it out of factory mode and into user mode. So I went through the steps, rooting the phone and then downloading and trying multiple apps, Terminal Emulator, Root Explorer, ES file explorer. BUT I went through trying to get to the Factorymode file and IT ISN'T THERE. You go to efs/FactoryApp and the only files in that folder are hw_ver.bak and serial_no.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem. I have become very attached to my phone and would prefer to not have to throw it away or wipe any of my data on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci