How do I split a long SMS thread (5k messages) & save on PC?

A

AC Question

Hello. Is there a way to split up an SMS thread, like start a new one with someone you know?

My phone has been extremely slow when I open the conversation I've been having with my SO. I haven't deleted it because I see it as precious memories I would like to save and also go back to in case I forget a useful fact.

Finally, is there a way to backup your messages, with pictures and emojis, on the PC? I've tried a few free SMS backup programs, but they save it as some weird file type that can only be imported and viewable by the App itself on a phone. Is there a way to save a SMS log that can simply be viewed on the PC?

Thank you if anyone can help!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I split a long SMS thread (5k messages) & save on PC?

The Play Store app 'SMS Backup +' is an excellent system for me. You would be able to go to your Gmail inbox on a pc and find all your SMS there. You can even forward them as email with the time stamp included.

You could then delete older messages using the message limit number you can enter in Message settings, or delete individually. These would still remain on the SMS Backup + account.

SMS Backup and Restore is another recommended app I haven't tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674