Finally stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankumm

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello I've been an android user for years and know my way around the system. Whenever a 'problem' arises i've been generally able to figure out the fix on my own or invoke the power of Google or this forum to self help myself to an answer and fix. This time no such luck! This week around Tuesday my phone suddenly began to randomly open up what looks like Google Play to a blank white screen with the error message that says 'Item not found' with a retry button right underneath (nevermind the fact that I can hit back and then use google play as normal....not a connection issue). It appears to be random and happens when I first reboot, let the phone sit there, if I use chrome, weather app, any app etc etc. It can do this in spurts one time after the other for two minutes or it could go 30 minutes between this occurring. I've tried several fixes like uninstalling samsung pay (since it was tues and im on verizon and timing was conincidental), clearing google play cache and data, disabling google play, installing various ad aware virus scanners (like avast avg etc) that never found an issue etc etc. One time I restarted best buy app came up and gave me a google play services error notification and I finally thought I had the culprit so I uninstalled it and rebooted..... same error came up upon restart gah! So i'm stumped....ANYONE else see this recently or at any time and might you have a cause and better yet a fix to this very annoying issue?! Thanks so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.