Lock screen flashing. Cant unlock. Help!!

Sean Regard

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, signed up for the first time because of an emergency:

My android tablet (Asus Transformer Infinity Pad TF700t) ran out of power whilst I was using it, causing it to turn off. I plugged it in to charge, waited a good 30 seconds for it to charge enough to use whilst plugged in, and turned it back on. Android boot logo appeared, powered by NVidia, etc, Asus animated logo, then the screen went dimmer, returning to the low brightness I typically use it at, as expected.
Then the lock screen, no background wallpaper, just black, appeared for a moment and was gone. 30 odd seconds later, it came back, and was gone again just as quickly as the first time. This is still repeating.

Of note:
1. I've turned it off and on again, soft and hard, multiple times. Problem persists.
2. Whilst flickering sometimes I will have touch control. No actions are register for those brief moments, however the developer tools' finger tracking (white glowing dot) picks me up. Then I lose control.

Please help, I can't find any posts similar to this.

Version is Jelly bean 4.1 if that's of any help. Unrooted, very few background processes running, was just watching twitch streams and browsing reddit.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the battery died, you may have to let it charge up significantly before trying to power on again, since it might not have enough power to sustain the boot process. Keep it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 4 hrs, undisturbed. Then try powering on again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam