Lost phone, got a new one, Found old phone....Can I sell the new one?

LeLee092

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, So ive been surfing the internet and cant seem to find an answer to my question!! and figured these forums have never failed me...

So my mom lost her iPhone 6+ last week while at the store, she freaked out and went to the tmobile store to get a new one, they told her it was going to take 3 days for it to get delivered, because my mom runs her business from her phone, she couldnt wait, so she went to the other side of the street to MetroPCS and switched over and got a new phone the LG Stylo.
Lo and behold, my mom absolutely loves android, even tho the Stylo is a total downgrade from the iphone6+ (yay for finally getting her off the iphone coolaid tho!) BUT tmobile still sent a new phone right before she deactivated.
THEN 3 days later, and old lady called her and told her she had her old iphone, so now she has an old iphone6+ blacklisted, a new brand new iphone6+, and the LG Stylo.

She wants to stay in android and metroPCS, and wants to keep the old iphone on wifi and for picture, but shes wondering is she can sell the new one? since she still owes tmobile like $400....I dont see why not tho right?
Can someone else connect it on tmobile no problem?
(edited by Moderator)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you found the old phone then you need to take it back to tmobile and explain that you found the old one

LeLee092

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!!
Yeah im thinking that might be the best course of action tbh, my mom is being really stubborn tho :-\ i know you cant do much with the old one, but it still probably be fraud to sell the new one right?
does this mean that she would need to return both the old and the new since she already deactivated with tmobile?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!!
Yeah im thinking that might be the best course of action tbh, my mom is being really stubborn tho :-\ i know you cant do much with the old one, but it still probably be fraud to sell the new one right?
does this mean that she would need to return both the old and the new since she already deactivated with tmobile?
The old one goes back to tmobile. The replacement you can sell if you want, since you did buy the phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12