Why can't I move inbuilt apps to sd card(formatted as internal storage)?

A

AC Question

Can't move inbuilt apps to sd card(formatted as internal storage)

I am using Android M and I formatted my sd card as internal storage since my inbuilt internal storage is only 4GB. Even after doing this when I want to download big games it says ' not enough storage space'. When I check internal storage it is almost filled upto 90% with only inbuilt system apps in it. so how can I move inbuilt apps to Sd card..?

There is an option in internal storage menu... like Migrate data.. but when i click that it looks like moving data from sd card to internal storage... What to do...?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't move inbuilt apps to sd card(formatted as internal storage)

I'm not sure you CAN move apps that are part of the factory image (that's what those are) to the SD card. If you were to do a factory reset, those apps wouldn't be on the internal storage and available once the reset was complete. The SD card doesn't get wiped but the adopted (or is it adapted?) storage configuration would be lost so the apps would be "missing". Unlike Windows (until 8 anyway), you don't just pop in a CD or DVD to reinstall the OS, they have to make it all self-contained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781