Thinking of switching from iPhone 3GS to Motorola Atrix

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 3GS that I purchased off of Craigslist last June. At the time, I was switching from a BlackBerry Bold 9000. I enjoy using my iPhone and don't have any issues with the phone or the UI.

I am currently eligible for an upgrade with AT&T and have been contemplating getting a Motorola Atrix when it becomes available. It seems like that is the best choice of Android phone on AT&T. I have a family plan and my wife's contract does not expire until May 2012, so switching networks is not an option.

I have an iPad, so I'll still be able to use iOS apps. The only apps I usually use on the go are Twitter, Facebook, and the web; all of which are available on Android. When I'm at home, I usually use the iPad anyway.

What has been the experience of others switching from the iPhone to an Android device? What do you like better and what do you miss most?

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i switched from 3g to droid eris over a year ago. the only thing that i remotely miss is the quality of the 3g camera, the one on the eris is just so-so. otherwise, this phone is so much more than iphone can ever be. i love the ability to change the looks whenever the mood strikes, the ease of putting what i use most on a home screen, the ability to set up folders, name them whatever i want, and put whatever i want into them. and then there's the ability to manage the files on the sd card (which iphone doesn't have). and the best part is that when i plug my phone into the pc and mount it, it becomes a flash drive and i can simply move whatever i want from one to the other, NO NEED TO SYNC THRU ITUNES! just my 2 cents worth.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a 3Gs to an Evo. So far, I don't miss anything from the iPhone! Android is awesome!

The one thing that I did miss was the ease of syncing my music from iTunes to the iPhone. However, I have discovered iSyncr, and it works perfectly!

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. That is pretty much what I thought. Though I'm sure I would miss some of the iTunes syncing, it sounds like alternatives such as DoubleTwist, iSyncr, and whatever else is out there will fill that gap.

If there is anyone else out there with other experiences, please share. I would like to get various view points in case there is something I'm not thinking about.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up making the jump last night and got an HTC Inspire 4G. I decided to go with this phone over the Motorola Atrix because of the HTC Sense interface. I wasn't feeling the Motoblur.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
just left iphone 4 for the htc inspire. its only been 2 days, but i dont miss the iphone at all. its really the little things that i like. 1 touch on off for wifi or blue tooth instead of drilling down menus to turn them off. it seems like such a small thing, but a good example of what i mean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz