Ok Google From any screen option missing - this is NOT about Samsung Galaxy! What do I do?

A

AC Question

Ok Google "From any screen" option missing - this is NOT about Samsung Galaxy!

I have Ulefone Paris with Android 5.1.

When trying to configure voice commands: I go to Settings -> Language and input -> Voice input -> Enhanced Google services -> "Ok Google" detection

The only option with on/off switch I have there is:
From the Google app
Say "Ok Google" to start a voice search from the Google app

There is not any other option, though I know that there should be many more options, such as "From any screen" option and possibility to say "Ok Google" three times so the Android recognizes your voice properly. I have nothing like that.

Yes, I have upgraded Google Application so it is up to date. I have actually updated every system application that asked for it. Also, it is a brand new phone, so no chance I have some kind of virus or malware installed. I have rebooted the phone multiple times.

(Additional info: When trying to find a workaround I tried to install Nova Launcher, there is a switch in the Nova Launcher settings to make the launcher recognize "Ok Google" from any screen. Problem is that when I activate it, there are no results in Google Application search. It recognizes my voice well, but anything I try to search, it comes with completely blank page as if there were no results for the search. Searching from standard web browser does work normally. Anyway, I imagine it is another bug completely.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ok Google "From any screen" option missing - this is NOT about Samsung Galaxy!

Welcome to Android Central! Open Google Now, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection. Do you see the From Any Screen option there?

Corejec

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ok Google "From any screen" option missing - this is NOT about Samsung Galaxy!

Hello this is my question.

To answer you: No, I don't see it there. Here have a look at saved screen:
Screenshot_2015-11-13-13-49-26.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, I wonder if it's dependent on the hardware. Are your Google Play Services up to date? I'm on 8.3.01.

majicjazz

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I updated google and my voice activation stopped working, I uninstalled the update and it started to work again.

Corejec

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, B.Diddy, I already read that. It might be the case. It might not. That's why I posted it here so someone would tell me for sure.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I see. Did you try uninstalling updates to the Google app as suggested by majicjazz above?

1984yearoftherat

May 28, 2016
Visit site

I have Ulefone Paris with Android 5.1.

When trying to configure voice commands: I go to Settings -> Language and input -> Voice input -> Enhanced Google services -> "Ok Google" detection

The only option with on/off switch I have there is:
From the Google app
Say "Ok Google" to start a voice search from the Google app

There is not any other option, though I know that there should be many more options, such as "From any screen" option and possibility to say "Ok Google" three times so the Android recognizes your voice properly. I have nothing like that.

Yes, I have upgraded Google Application so it is up to date. I have actually updated every system application that asked for it. Also, it is a brand new phone, so no chance I have some kind of virus or malware installed. I have rebooted the phone multiple times.

(Additional info: When trying to find a workaround I tried to install Nova Launcher, there is a switch in the Nova Launcher settings to make the launcher recognize "Ok Google" from any screen. Problem is that when I activate it, there are no results in Google Application search. It recognizes my voice well, but anything I try to search, it comes with completely blank page as if there were no results for the search. Searching from standard web browser does work normally. Anyway, I imagine it is another bug completely.)

1984yearoftherat

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Download Link2sd from the play store. Then find the Google app in Link2sd then choose the option to "convert to system app." Then you restart your phone. Then navigate to Google app. Go to settings, then voice, then "OK Google" detection. Then you will find the option to say OK Google from any screen and how to retrain your OK Google voice model. If the OK Google detection botton isn't working. Then change the language to something else then change it back. The OK Google detection botton should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463