Camera stretches around the corner (Pincushion Distortion)

iamNikhil

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lenovo K3 Note. Whenever I take a picture from my phone, the corners and the left and right side get distortion. The picture gets stretched and looks weird. This is a major problem while taking group pictures, as the people in corners look ugly because of weirdly stretched faces. I tried changing both image resolution, settings and different camera app, but nothing changes.

I have included 2 images for example. First is of a circular lid put in the center of the screen. It looks just fine. But when I move the lid towards the edge, it changes the shape and looks oval.

PHOTO_20151112_131150.jpg

PHOTO_20151112_131225.jpg

I did some googling and found out that this effect is called “Pincushion Distortion” and it is because of the wide angle lens of camera. But I didn’t find any solution to this problem.

So, here are my questions:
1. How to fix this problem?
2. Am I the only one around here with this problem, or is this in other mobiles too?
3. How to avoid getting phones with such camera in future? How to identify that the camera will cause distortion?

Specs:
Phone: Lenovo K3 Note with Android 5.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side note: The Android Central app for android crashes when image is selected for uploading. They should fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke