Google Play Music doesn't see my Micro SD Card

Chris Karageorge

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I am running Android Marshmallow on my HTC M8 GPE.

Once I upgraded, Android scanned my Micro SD card and told me it was slow and may cause apps to lag and my music may stutter - which coincidentally was happening prior to Marshmallow.

So I bought a new Micro SD card, put it in my phone, Android asked to format it and get it ready for use on my phone.

Google Music - the 'Manage Storage' option has disappeared.

My photos and screenshots will save to the Micro SD card, ES File explorer can see and read and write to the Micro SD card.

Hmm?

I put in the old Micro SD card, Android did its thing with reformatting.

Google Music - the 'Manage Storage' option has reappeared, BUT it is greyed out. I tried to screenshot this but then a message pops up saying that it couldn't save the screenshot because there is no Micro SD card available.

Umm?

Fixes I have tried:

• Clearing the Media Storage data and cache

• Clearing Google Music's data and cache

• Restarting

• Reformatting the Micro SD cards

• Deleting these infamous .nomedia files from the Micro SD cards on my computer

• Tried this 'media scanner' app and it didn't do anything other than bomb my phone with ads.

Tried an app that scanned and checked the micro SD card to ensure it was legitimate...and yes it's real. Sandisk 32gb, SDHC, UHS-I Class 10.

• As many combinations and permutations as I can think of

Help please!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to do this on the HTC One M8 GPE, but you should be able to adopt the SD card as internal storage. That will make it so the SD card is not swappable, but should behave as if you just have 32GB + 16 GB - System Files available as total storage.