How to Stream Videos to Evo?

elrodvoss

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Evening,

I have a Evo and I have installed a NAS drive on my network, which I keep my music and movies.

I have ES File Explorer installed on my EVO which would allow me to view my NAS drive via the FTP option.

Sadly, I am unable to stream the movies to my phone. When I attempt to watch them, ES tells me:

This media does not support streaming, player will be started after transferring completely.

I have been told that MP4 will stream and I have attempted a few different converters. I am using WINAVI all in one converter and I have tried the following video encoders:

H. 264/AVC
Mpeg-4 Video
zJmedia Mpeg-4 encoder

Is there another trick that is required to stream video on the evo from a remote source? Do I need to use a different app to view the movies w/o downloading 100% of it 1st?

Thanks in advance.

FPG

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This is a topic I'm also interested in (but replace Evo with DroidX). Currently I have Orb setup but I find it kind of lackluster. The streaming is rather poor, or at least those are the results I'm having. I've also looked into Plex, but it's really meant for a Mac and my NAS box is based on top of Win7.

Seems like there should be an effective DIY method to stream video's to your phone. I have SSH setup, would using the VLC player produce quality results? Anyone tried?

Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown