Why do the movie and music files on my sd card disappear when I put it into my tablet?

jrandallg

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a collection of music and movies I keep on my computer (Linux Mint 17.2, right now, although I also keep that stuff on Windows 10) and have always been able to transfer those files to an SD card and plug them into any other device I had, until just recently. I have a Dell Venue 8 7000 series, with Android 5.1 and a 64 g sd card plugged into it. I put my music and videos on the card, and they are on there when the card is on the laptop, but when I remove the card and put it into my tablet, they disappear. I mean, *poof*--- gone! What is the story with this and how do I work around it? Is this one of those "improvements" Android has blessed us with? Do I need to find another operating system to do what I've always done with my Android devices?

jrandallg

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It happens when I try to put the files on the card from the PC, when I plug in tablet to the PC, when I try to bluetooth it, when I try to download from the cloud...it's like the tablet just won't accept music and videos on the sd card in any way, shape, or form.

jrandallg

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I use MortPlayer. But the problem is that the files disappear from the sd. As I said before, *poof*---gone. The files are on the SD when I insert it, they are not on the SD once it is mounted (according to file managers Astro and ES) and when I unmount the SD, remove it, and put it into the laptop, the folders are empty. They are not just unplayable with this or that media player. They are GONE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae