Why don't my Google contact changes sync?

A

AC Question

google contact changes don't sync

If I add a contact on my phone or in google it DOES sync to the other immediately & automatically.

If I edited a contact in google contacts it will NOT propagate to the phone even if I do a manual sync on the phone.

If I edited a contact on my phone it DOES propagate to google contacts automatically.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: google contact changes don't sync

Are you sure you're using the right account or that you're hitting SAVE on the contact when editing in Google Contacts (by Google Contacts I'm assuming you're using the dedicated webpage)?

I have no issues with mine. You can try re-adding your Google Account to your phone, sometimes that fixes wonky sync issues.

ruggb

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I suppose I would have to be using the right account if EVERYTHING except an edit to a contact in google syncs.
This is a new issue as it previously worked fine. I have no idea what changed other than a complete system update.
But I do not know if it stopped b4 or after the update.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

If you go back into Google contact info via computer where you first changed it, is it still saved the way you changed it?

Maybe try to make sure that in your Google sync settings you have People Details enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non