How do I reinstall Android OS?

A

AC Question

Reinstalling Android OS

On an Android device, I realize there are many, how does one reinstall the OS. I am more familiar with iOS devices. With these devices you can either plug it into iTunes, or put the device in DFU mode, and use iTunes.

It seems that flashing on an Android device is not readily available. Why is this so? I do realize there are heavy carrier modifications that mean different OS packages, among Manufacturer mods.

Also the biggest question is why "flashing" on an android device voids the warranty. This does not happen on a PC or a Mac. Heck even Apple's tightly controlled "walled garden" lets you reinstall the OS.

Help though would be great. A friend who is not computer literate at all basically wiped everything off the his tablet. Essentially as if one wiped the SSD in their laptop OS and all.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reinstalling Android OS

Welcome to the forums. It's actually up to the OEM on how easy, or difficult, it is to reflash the stock ROM. The last I knew about Samsung's, reflashing the stock ROM didn't void the warranty. The same goes for Nexus devices, and Moto.

LG is a pain in the neck.....and that's when it goes pretty well. Samsung can be kind of easy. The hard part is finding the stock files. Nexus devices are even easier...just a few fastboot command lines.

what device are you having issues with?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX