When I try to connect my wifi to my tablet it says Authentication error occurred What do I do?

A

AC Question

When i try to connect my wifi to my tablet it says "Authentication error occurred" What do i do?

Every time i try and connect it says authentication error occurred and it tells me to put in my password for my wifi, then i type in the right one but it says the same thing all over again and it wont work.HEELLPP MMEEHH!

Omnius

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I am encountering this issue as well, though I'm trying to solve it long-distance. I had been using a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on my Netgear router with no issues, then I upgraded to a Tab S, factory reset the Tab 2, and sent it to my sister. Her router is a WNDR3400v2, does not have MAC filtering capability, and had worked fine with her previous tablet that had died (hence my sending her my old one). When she attempts to set it up, she repeatedly encounters the "authentication error occurred" message. We have tried power-cycling the phone and the router, "forget"ing the connection and reentering it, we tried setting router security to "none" (temporarily, of course), redoing the factory reset on the tablet after upgrading the firmware on the router, we even tried WPS after enabling SSID broadcast. I'm out of ideas - I've googled the issue and found that it's fairly common, but none of the suggestions I tried work either. The SSID/password combination being entered has been checked (by her) against the router config and they've been the same for all attempts (except the no-security one). The tablet will connect to the open xfinity wifi connection she has available, I made sure she wasn't connected to it already when we were making these other attempts. It's not a MAC filtering issue because the router doesn't support it. I'm running out of things to try, so I'm open to suggestion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon