Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kegman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default Connect my phone to a TV or monitor

New Android user here, I was thinking about getting NBA League Pass Mobile on my Nexus One, but I was wondering if there is any way to connect it to a TV or computer monitor via the micro USB connection. 3.7 inches is nice, but watching the game on a bigger display would be nicer.

Would this work with some kind of remote server software?

bump would defintely like to know this bit of info as well

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Other folks had similar questions... research here and let us know.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...9C4038A5.node0

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I think it depends on the device - I know the DInc, EVO and X can do it, but it requires a special cable or HDMI Out. Not sure about the N1, but I don't think it has the TV Out capability.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

MicroUSB on devices generally isn't used for video out. If your device has a dedicated video connector you can.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly Builds

Doesn't HTC have a box that connects to your TV and then your phone and it streams video to your TV set? At least that's what I heard...
    Only the best get the best. Android forever.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Its funny this short conversation has almost lasted a year and has 4010 views.
    Funny

The only problem i forsee if you are able to get it connected is it seems like it will behave like the DirecTV Sunday ticket would.

Some "live" streaming applications will acutally incode their broadcast to mobile devices that it cannot stream to the tv or monitor. I know with my evo when i connected to a HDTV with the HDMI out cable, it only played sound and after doing more research (contacting a buddy within DirecTV) that is what i found out.

Dont know if that will be the case, but be prepared if it is.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Re: Connect my phone to a TV or monitor

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--zcmqIyRI&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

you clearly can, but im not sure how to do it if my monitor doesn't have a hdmi port
    Thanked by:
    ChromeJob likes this.

While we're resurrecting ancient threads of the past....

I found that my Amaze 4G has HDMI via the proprietary (but back-compat) ExtMicro USB port using a 5-pin MHL-HDMI adapter. But it was hit or miss, and I couldn't figure out why (thought it was a defective handset). I swallowed hard and bought HTC's $30 M500 adapter after reading that it was a "12-pin MHL-HDMI" adapter. Wellllll, HDMI worked fine, and I figured it was the extra pins hidden in the back of HTC's port.

Turned out someone on XDA-developers determined that the extra leads (on his HTC Incredible) include COMPOSITE video (e.g. the yellow RCA plug in stereo+video cabling), left & right audio, what appeared to be a "MIC-in" connection, etc. HTC sold an ExtMicro USB adapter with the 3 RCA cables for the old Incredible. Not sure if that would work with my late-2011 phone. Since the Micro-USB out supports HDMI and HDCP on the conventional 5 pins, I wonder if (and why) they are still including the other lines....

I had a similar experience with content, HTC Watch shows up on an HDMI monitor just fine, but T-Mobile TV (touted as HD, and super value packed you betcha) which costs an additional $13/month, doesn't show up on the external monitor at all. Why would they think they could charge more than Netflix does for all-you-can-eat streaming, but not let you use an external monitor, even with HDCP support? Silly.... (imho)
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Unhappy Re: Connect my phone to a TV or monitor

I have a Andriod Smartphone From Boost Mobile (Transform Ultra) w/ slider. Can it connet withmale in to aHDMI adpater? What would fit for it too work.Name brand of my Phone is a Samsung Touch Screen as well to. Please help me with this matter please. I want to be able to watch movies off my cell phone into the tv; even though i have cable an know high speed intertnet just a air card (broadband)

Have you looked at the manual? :rolleyes:

// Sent from my Interociter //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

hi can it be done with a samsung galaxy ace phone i have a compaq monitor ,the pc got mess up.can i use it on my phone .and and if i can ,what cords to i need.and thank you