Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Phone numbers with extension #'s

Does anyone know how to enter a phone number with an extension into your contacts? With Blackberry you enter the number x extension # and it would ask you if you want to enter the extension number. I have it entered number x extension and it wont dial the number. Any one have any ideas? Thanks.

ROM
    Something new!

When you are entering the number in the contact on your phone hit the key that has "* # (". You then see your number pad replaced with a symbols pad. In the middle there is a pause button. Select this button to insert a pause into the number. I find that I need 3 pauses for most extensions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Thanks!!! I will try that out.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

You can also use comma's.

Default Extensions

I used three commas after the number and it works well. it seems to wait til the answering message is done and then rings the extension

Format (111) 222-3333,,,

Or insert a W before the extension, W = wait, then press sent to dial the extension
    Thanked by:
    dinod 

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

That "W" trick was exactly what I was looking for. Insert a "w" before the extension and Android will prompt you to hit a button before dialing the extension.

Nice!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattmcg View Post
    That "W" trick was exactly what I was looking for. Insert a "w" before the extension and Android will prompt you to hit a button before dialing the extension.

Nice!
    I'll 2nd that!

Default Contacts coming from Exchange

What if all the contacts in People are synced from an Exchange account and they all have "x" or "Ext" formatted in the phone number field in Outlook?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davilito View Post
    What if all the contacts in People are synced from an Exchange account and they all have "x" or "Ext" formatted in the phone number field in Outlook?
    Mine have an "x" as well. That is what all of my blackberry's, nokia, motorola phones used.
    RA

Quote Originally Posted by davilito View Post
    Then they'll sync that way to your device.