Unroot phone with broken screen.

burntguerilla

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a T mobile G2 and my screen just stopped working and T mobile agreed to replace it but now i have to unroot it. I Rooted with Visionary and have S off, i found the guides to unroot but I cant see my screen for half the stuff i need. I remember when one of my older phones broke i found some program to pull up the screen on my comp. Is that possible with the G2?

Is there anything i can do?
Please help me.

Thanks in advace.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you really need to unroot it? I've had Verizon replace my DInc and Assurion replace my DInc and I left them rooted for return. The Anti-Root Corps haven't come to get me yet!

Steve in CT

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you really need to unroot it? I've had Verizon replace my DInc and Assurion replace my DInc and I left them rooted for return. The Anti-Root Corps haven't come to get me yet!

Steve in CT

Yeah, I don't think they will even check if you're rooted since it's strictly a hardware problem.

burntguerilla

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Android Screencast ? Control Android Phone from PC | Sizzled Core

You can use that if you need to see the screen, as long as debugging is enabled.
Omg thanks so much I'm going to use this.

Steve in CT

Yeah, I don't think they will even check if you're rooted since it's strictly a hardware problem.

And yeah i guess that makes sense. They are sending me a new phone and i have to return mine to them so i was worried that they might figure out its rooted.

Thanks for the fast responses guys awesome forum. XDA still hasn't helped me.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can run the RUU to restore the phone. Just make sure it's booted up, the proper drivers are installed and run the program. You'll need a windows to use this method. Just incase the above doesn't work. Good luck.

Seth Travis

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys i have a verizon galaxy s4 and i dropped it and now the screen is just random colors but its still rooted so i dont know if i should go through the trouble of trying to unroot it or just take the chance and send it in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey