How can I transfer apps, music, and photos from one tablet to another?

A

AC Question

Transfer apps music photos from one tablet to another .

My wife as a hp slate 7 'and ive got her a galaxy tab e for xmas ' i know her gmail but not her password , i think both tablets have android can you help please ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transfer apps music photos from one tablet to another .

Welcome to Android Central! Any apps installed from Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore can be installed on the new tablet, as long as it's logged into the same Google account. You don't have to physically transfer the app from the old tablet to the new one. If the app was purchased, there will be no need to repurchase it. However, app data can be difficult to transfer (like saved games), unless the app saves data to its own server in the cloud.

Music and photo files saved locally on the old tablet will be most easily transferred by connecting to your computer via USB and using Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files to the computer hard drive. Then connect the new tablet via USB, and drag and drop those files to the new tablet. Make sure to move the photos to either the /DCIM/Camera directory or the /Pictures directory. Music files should be moved to the /Music directory.