Moving from one sd card to another

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically I want to know what to move and what not to move. I know photos videos music etc. Is on the move list, but there are other files. Here the files, Android, which contains lots of memory in data. Another is .data, and Nero sync. So what do I move and not move.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's the proper way, but I've always just copied everything into a new folder on my computer. From my computer's explorer, I'll do a select all, then copy into the new location so it retains the original folder structure. Swapped cards, then copy everything from the new computer folder into the root of the sd card. As long as you do a select all from the root folder, everything should go back in place. I've never personally had a problem doing it this way, but not sure if there is any potential problems.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's the proper way, but I've always just copied everything into a new folder on my computer. From my computer's explorer, I'll do a select all, then copy into the new location so it retains the original folder structure. Swapped cards, then copy everything from the new computer folder into the root of the sd card. As long as you do a select all from the root folder, everything should go back in place. I've never personally had a problem doing it this way, but not sure if there is any potential problems.

I think I did that the last time just wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Unfortunately don't have a working computer at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36