Why don't I have access to some folders in the internal storage HTC One?

kamylka13

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
No access to some folders in the internal storage HTC One

Hello, I am really struggling here and haven't found anyone with the same problem, so please direct me to the right thread if I missed something.

Basically I used to be able to plug my HTC One to my PC and see all the folders and files in the internal storage with no problems. I used to add and remove music and videos from relevant folders and back up my pics from the DCIM folder but I no longer have access to them. It's the same PC, same phone and same cable (I read about the charge only cables, that's not the case). I can still see some of the folders but none of the ones I'm actually looking for. At some point I was only able to see 4 or 5 random folders, I uninstalled the driver and more folders appeared but still no media folders I used for my files. I don't know how many times I uninstalled the driver, tried a different cable, different USB port, different tethering settings... Screen On/Off. Phone says "Media Device [MTP] connected" which it always used to do so nothing has changed here. USB network setting is set to none, all other settings failed to make a difference. I'm out of ideas, please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: No access to some folders in the internal storage HTC One

Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--you're looking at the actual HTC One device in Windows Explorer, and not the microSD card, right?

kamylka13

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, that's right. HTC One doesn't have a SD card slot so it's just its internal storage I'm trying to see. I'm using Windows 7 and it's worked in the past, the most recent I remember it working was September.

kamylka13

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
As far as I know it's the very first one, the one that came after HTC One X. In the hardware info it just says HTC One so it must be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o