How can I fix 'system UI content hidden' on lock screen?

A

AC Question

'system UI content hidden' on lock screen

Ever since i updated my phone about a week ago (week ago XD) my phone has been displaying 'System UI hidden content' on the lock screen only when my phone charging. I think estimated chraging time used to display there. If anyone has any idea how to fix this it would be much appreciated, its starting to get annoying

Thanks.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: 'system UI content hidden' on lock screen

Hi, welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have? Have you already tried wiping the cache partition on recovery?

Arrowbull

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
When Do Not Disturb is on and your phone is locked.

Press the home or standby button so that your lock screen appears.

Now press and hold the 'System UI Contents Hidden' Notification in the middle of your lock screen.

After a few seconds this Notification will become highlighted and turn BLACK, and a little 'i' information button will appear on the right.

Press this 'i' button, then unlock your phone if you use fingerprint or password.

When the phone unlocks, it will go straight to the 'APP NOTIFICATIONS' screen in Settings for the 'System UI'.

The System UI APP is usually hidden so you won't see it in here unless you follow the above steps.

When you are in the App Notifications area for System UI simply uncheck 'Hide Content On Lock Screen'

Your problem should be solved. :D

EXTRA INFO: You can also get to this area of the Settings by following this path SETTINGS > SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS > APP NOTIFICATIONS. You can see all of your none hidden apps in here. To amend the notification settings just click on any app and you can then 'Block Notifications', 'Set As Priority' or 'Hide Content On Lock Screen'.

JMitch1976

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Now press and hold the 'System UI Contents Hidden' Notification in the middle of your lock screen.

After a few seconds this Notification will become highlighted and turn BLACK, and a little 'i' information button will appear on the right.

Press this 'i' button, then unlock your phone if you use fingerprint or password.

When the phone unlocks, it will go straight to the 'APP NOTIFICATIONS' screen in Settings for the 'System UI'.

The System UI APP is usually hidden so you won't see it in here unless you follow the above steps.

When you are in the App Notifications area for System UI simply uncheck 'Hide Content On Lock Screen'

EXTRA INFO: You can also get to this area of the Settings by following this path SETTINGS > SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS > APP NOTIFICATIONS. You can see all of your none hidden apps in here. To amend the notification settings just click on any app and you can then 'Block Notifications', 'Set As Priority' or 'Hide Content On Lock Screen'.

Thank you! I followed your instructions and it worked.

Bploren

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site

Boroma Mwale

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site

Keyboard is not popping up and my phone hasn't got the finger print id..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo