Personal Data on LG VK810 when sent for repair?

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
It's been a while since I've been on here (which is probably good, since I haven't had any problems!), but I have one question.
I am sending my LG G Pad 8.3 out to LG for repair or replacement, and I wanted to know what will happen to my personal data (emails, accounts, etc.) if I end up getting a replacement? They tell me to remove my SIM card and everything, and to back up my data, but I can't do any of that because I cannot turn on the tablet due to a charging issue because the tablet seems to think that its own charger is incorrect. I'd try to fix that myself, but it's still in warranty, so why bother?
Anyway, my question is, is my data safe? I'm not too concerned about losing what's on there, but I'd rather them not recycle it or something and my information still be on it.
I'm sure LG, like any other electronics company, takes good care in protecting owners' information, but I just want to be sure it's in good hands. Just my little paranoia in the digital world.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Could you not Backup and Reset via a PC?
If not, and LG will accept the device unwiped, I imagine their respect for your privacy and security would be impeccable.

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Could you not Backup and Reset via a PC?
If not, and LG will accept the device unwiped, I imagine their respect for your privacy and security would be impeccable.
I'm sure they would respect my privacy. I would hope so, at least. I tried to connect it to my computer, but it says 0% and it needs to charge more before turning on, then it says the charger is incorrect and I need to unplug before causing damage.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a new USB cable? They are known to go out without any external damage visible, and that can cause charging issues. I'd hate to see you do a warranty claim if that's all it is.

E39BMW98

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, have you tried a new USB cable? They are known to go out without any external damage visible, and that can cause charging issues. I'd hate to see you do a warranty claim if that's all it is.
I haven't tried a brand new one, but I've tried most of the USB cables that I have. They all work fine on my phone and my other tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC