Why don't Android apps work after a reboot?

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to realize, I DON'T get Android. There's either a deep flaw with this ecosystem, or I'm missing something. I just want to get apps to work but also -stay- working. I've been trying for days without success. Some will reload by themselves, some won't. Some will reload themselves after a restart, but won't if you shut the phone off. Some will reload if the phone is in "fast boot" mode, but may not if fast boot mode is off, or if the battery is pulled. Or maybe only 1 (out of 6) apps will reload in the foreground after a restart. But then it won't reload after another restart, and it will be a different 1 (out of 6) apps that reloads instead! Then if I am lucky enough to get an app to load by itself after shutting off the phone, well then Android may kill it at any time! If Android doesn't kill it, then it may be killed easily by inadvertently pressing the screen and clearing out all apps from memory in one shot. Then, the things I need to work on the phone in the background won't until the phone is restarted or shut off.

So unlike a computer, there seems to be no way to get an app to work and *stay* working. Or is there a solution to this? For the record, I have tried *many* apps that enable or prevent startups (ie. Autostarter, etc), as well as automator apps (ie. ActivateIt, Tasker). Manually restarting apps is not a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane