Equalizer that stays on connected to bluetooth??

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note4 and have tried a variety of equalizer apps. The problem with the ones I've tried is that the EQ doesn't stay on consistently once my phone is connected to a bluetooth device (particularly with my car stereo). Once the song changes, the EQ turns off and the volume increases to an insanely loud level. I have to manually turn back on the equalizer each time. Anyone know what causes this, and more importantly, any way to correct this? This has also been an issue with pretty much every smartphone I've owned over the past 5 years.
Thanks!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why this is occurring and/or a fix for it other than not using an equalizer app. Have you tried using just a regular Music Player app instead of an equalizer?

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I mainly use Spotify with an EQ app. The Spotify EQ is pretty crummy and it does the same thing.. goes off with each song. With my prior car, the stereo had a line-in which alleviated the issue by direct connect. My new car stereo only offers a Bluetooth connection. The guy at Best Buy told me it's just an issue with Androids in general...not being able to consistently carry the signal through the EQ when connected to Bluetooth. He recommended to install an small aftermarket EQ to my stereo but not sure if I wanted to do that.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For streams like Pandora, etc. I don't have an answer but I have a 200 GB microSD card in my phone. For streaming content from the phone to my car/truck via Bluetooth I am totally in love with PowerAmp. It works great and gives me everything I could ask for. I'm just bummed it doesn't work with streaming apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21