Google Play Music / iTunes / double purchasing?

Spk93

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
If this question has been asked, link me to it. I don't want to waste time. Only I don't think it has so...

So I am as of this morning back on Android. Goodbye, iPhone. I had many iTunes music purchases, though (foolishly, perhaps but Touch ID is too easy). I downloaded GPM and signed up to a free trial to get all my purchases into the cloud, and that's awesome. Thank you, G for making it so simple.
So of course now I have GPM on my phone and all my purchases are there. I'm wondering now though, if I cancel my subscription am I going to lose access to all the music from iTunes? Because I don't care for music subscription services enough to warrant price.

If I'm going to lose all my stuff, is there a decent third part app/software I could use to get all my music off iTunes and then just have them on my Motorola?
I really don't want to start buying songs twice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If this question has been asked, link me to it. I don't want to waste time. Only I don't think it has so...

So I am as of this morning back on Android. Goodbye, iPhone. I had many iTunes music purchases, though (foolishly, perhaps but Touch ID is too easy). I downloaded GPM and signed up to a free trial to get all my purchases into the cloud, and that's awesome. Thank you, G for making it so simple.
So of course now I have GPM on my phone and all my purchases are there. I'm wondering now though, if I cancel my subscription am I going to lose access to all the music from iTunes? Because I don't care for music subscription services enough to warrant price.

If I'm going to lose all my stuff, is there a decent third part app/software I could use to get all my music off iTunes and then just have them on my Motorola?
I really don't want to start buying songs twice.

You should be good. Once you upload the music to GPM it counts as yours and doesn't require a subscription to access. Check out section 5 in the article below :).

How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central

Spk93

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Ahh thank you! Worried I'd have lost everything once I unsub as all my iTunes stuff has the option to 'buy', which made me wonder. Much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam