All the sudden some Apps won't open anymore - same issue on both new phones. What can I do?

A

AC Question

all the sudden some Apps won't open anymore - same issue on both new phones

Got my kids two LG Tribute 2 phones for Christmas. Rooted the phones with KingRoot and put Link2SD on the there. Installed second partition on a SD card and linked apps to SD / moved apps to SD.
On day 2, the issues started. First Chrome and PlayStore wouldn't open. Uninstalled Chrome / Playstore on both phones and reinstalled the playstore plus put on Firefox (as the re-installed Chrome would not open again).

Then I realized that some apps wouldn't open. E.g. DragonCity, Pandora, Monster app etc.
Basically nothing happens when I click on the app icon. Sometimes the screen just turns black for a split second like starting to load the app but then goes back to the Home Screen.
Other apps open fine, though.

Tried to install a root fix app but that wouldn't open either.

Not sure what else to do as both phones have the same issue.
I know that the apps opened fine on the first day so I almost think it's a problem with Link2SD but other apps are linked as well and don't act this way.

At my wits end... any suggestions besides re-installing everything?

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Have tried remounting the sd card?

Failing this uninstall the apps and download again accept use gl to sd

Much better than link2sd no need for partitioning

Posted via the Android Central App

anjam

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: all the sudden some Apps won't open anymore - same issue on both new phones

I forgot to mention that the stock messaging app also stopped working properly on all phone... it opens up to the dialogue screen where I can see all previous communication but once I click on a person to send a message, it will go back to the home-screen.
Same issue on both phones.

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Are you able to flash new firmware.
You could also look for zip files of these stock apps, flash them and they should work again

anjam

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Thank you Shane English but I wouldn't know how to flash new firm.
Found the issue... all linked software in Link2SD was faulty. Unlinked Android System Web View, Googe+ App and Google App and apps started to work again. Had to reinstall some apps but it's working know.

How can I fix Link2SD, though? AS I am otherwise runing out of storage already. Tried to e.g. move Chrome to SD card and received error"pkg: /data/app/com.android.chrome-1/base.apk FAILURE {Install_failed_invalid_install_location}

What does that mean?

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I never found link2sd any good. Never worked. But gl to sd is working brilliantly for me. Link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&token=uL56eCRy

You need to click unmount, then settings and click move data. Once moved click remount.

I'll make a short video showing how to do this and post link