Can your devices battery sensor go bad?

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ive had this problem with several batteries.... where my power remaining estimated is way off. for example, it will say 60% remaining... then ill turn it off to plug it in and it will look like only about 15-20% is truly remaining.

ive tried my older stock battery, a fairly new but not brand new anker battery... and also a brand new anker battery.... theyre all having the same bug... so i think its safe to say its not the battery itself like i was thinking.

ive tried calibrating one of them... draining until power off and then charging until 100%... it made no difference.

if i use it heavily it will show drain, but not *accurate* drain.

this has been ongoing a couple of months now.... but ive been using the same phone, same ROM (stock but rooted), same everything for over a year and a half. I recently reflashed the same rom fresh about 4 or 5 months ago, but even that doesnt match with when this battery issue started.

my phone is genrally kept a room temp.... once in a while in my pocket, but i used a temp gauge and ive never seen it go over like 85ish degrees but even then its not for extremely long periods of time. i dont get it....

ive gone into recovery and deleted battery stats so many times ive lost count hoping that would fix something.... ive done battery pulls... ive done "faux" battery pulls where you just hold the power button down until it restarts.....

its become very annoying....

help?

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
When you do the calibration, do you repeat the charge/drain/charge cycle 3 times?

i havent no.... on the same battery you mean, right?? Ive read that to fully drain then fully charge then using as normal should be enough to calibrate it... is that not the case?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The usual recommendation I've seen is to do that cycle 3 times. I've never really had to do that, so I can't say for sure if it matters how many times you do it. But it's worth a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908