Reliable iTunes-like music management on Android?

migs_inc

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have an LG G4 and prefer to carry my large music collection on the phone vs. streaming via cloud. I have a large microSD (128gb) and want to store about 100gb of music and playlists on it. I currently have iTunes and dozens of playlists on it.

I've tried DoubleTwist and iSyncr repeatedly, USB and wireless, and even after troubleshooting cannot get either of these to work completely. Either they download the music and not the playlists, or only part of the music, or something else. Honestly, I don't care much anymore for iTunes. I'd be very happy to find and LG or Android-friendly equivalent that lets me:
- load all my music locally, and
- convert or otherwise use existing playlists from iTunes (meaning I want to convert them at once, not one at a time), and
- create new playlists either on the phone or my Windows 8 laptop.

Other than iSyncr or DoubleTwist, are there any PC-to-phone equivalents to iTunes that allow playlist conversion and both PC and phone music management? Again, I don't need to stream, just play locally stored music.

Thank you all!

Natt Mixon

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Google Play Music allows for local and cloud based storage, let's you manage and stream your library from any device using Chrome browser extention, and they have a Windows app that allows you to upload any of your already owned media (iTunes stuff, music from your computer, etc) to your account so you can stream from anywhere. There is a $10 a month subscription fee, but for me it seems well worth it. As a member you can download and stream any song in their catalog create and subscribe to radio stations (Pandora-ish). The subscription also includes a YouTube Red membership that gives you no adds and the ability to download audio and video for offline play.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC