Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation how to mass delete photos?

hi
    i want to multiselect and remove some photos
    from the photo gallery in my behold 2
    and when i hit menu there is only three choices
    capture photo, capture video and setting
    the is no selection option

any idea how to do that??

You can go into your gallery, tap all pics and then hit settings. Hit multiselect and then select all pics you want to delete. Hope this helps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The problem is that there is no multi select option.
    this is exactly what i see:
    photo gallery>i see all pics>when hitting menu>only three options:capture photo,capture video and setting>when hitting setting: i see three general settings: display size, sort order and confirm deletions.

What's wrong??
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Is the Behold 2 running ROM 1.5? I don't think multi-select was introduced until 1.6.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes its 1.5
    so i can't mass delete

thanks for the clarification

Thumbs down Mass Deleting Photos on the Android G1

To delete more than one photo at a time, see the following:

1. Tap on Main Gallery
    2. That takes you to a screen with various boxes, i.e., Camera media, All pictures, Camera videos, Camera pictures, and Download
    3. Now select one of the galleries and tap on that one. It should bring up all the photos in that gallery.
    4. Click on 'Menu.'
    5. There will be five (5) options: Capture picture, Capture video, Slideshow, Multiselect, and Settings. Choose Multiselect.
    6. Now tap on the photos that you would like to delete. You should see a little orange box in the lower left corner of each picture. There will be a check in the ones you have chosen to delete. If not, go back and tap on them to select.
    7. Scroll down until you have selected all the photos you would like to delete.
    8. There will be two options: Delete and Cancel. Select Delete to remove photos from gallery.
    9. A gray box will pop up that says, "Delete. These media files will be deleted. There will be two options again. They will be 'Ok' and 'Cancel.' Choose 'Ok.'
    10. A black screen will come up that says, 'Deleting images. Please wait.'
    11. Voila! Photos should be removed and an empty gallery to start new!

Best of wishes!

Or use a file manager (such as Astro) and delete the photos.

Default Re: how to mass delete photos?

This was no help so I figured it out myself.... Go to gallery and hold your finger ontop of the group of photo's.. (camera, download, screenshot) when it does its little vibrate thing on the top right three squares will appear.. click and hit delete

Quote Originally Posted by TeRrie Airington View Post
    This was no help so I figured it out myself.... Go to gallery and hold your finger ontop of the group of photo's.. (camera, download, screenshot) when it does its little vibrate thing on the top right three squares will appear.. click and hit delete
    Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that this thread is 4 years old--they were referring to Android 1.5!

how

thank you i"ve found a way