How does Chromecast Work?

Pesos_15

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking into getting an Android device (currently using an iPhone) and I want to also get Chromecast. Can a person mirror their PC/iMac onto a TV using Chromecast WHILE using their Android device as a remote to control the Chromecast?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have the first gen Chromecast. I haven't tried mirroring my device to it, but it is pretty easy to cast PC tabs and apps to it. I will admit, it is a fun little toy and not a bad price for $35.

Pesos_15

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I found a youtube link explaining how to mirror a Chrome Tab onto Chromecast but if my computer is in a different room, it's a pain to not be able to pause the video.

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have recently started using chromecast and its very easy to cast anything you want to display on your TV, but the app on my androide phone do not work as a remote control it only serves to cast anything I want to show from my phone. After you start casting then you can use your TV remote control to adjust volume or change colour and so on. You also need to install an extension on Chrome browser (its the only browser that support chromecast) and from that you can cast anything that you see on your laptop onto TV, once you want to stop casting click on the extension and stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol