contacts on homepage

nativeemt

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the droid 2 and i wanted to know if there is a way to put contacts on the home screen so all you have to do is hit that contact on the home screen and it will call it?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You can add people to your home screen. Long-click on the home screen > Shortcuts > Contact.

It will put an icon for the person on the home screen (with image if there is one in their contact listing). Clicking on their icon will give options based on their contact info: call, sms, email, chat...

It's not one-click, but two clicks to call, but you also have all the other options for contacting them. You can set a default contact method in the address book. That way, if they have more than one phone number, the icon will default to the selected number. If you don't select a default in the address book, it will ask you which number to call.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
from home screen, hit menu button, then add, then shortcut, then select people, when you go to the contact select it then, next screen will show all the contact's info, select call mobile (or home, etc.). the next thing that pops up will say edit shortcut, click ok and there you have it, a shortcut that calls that person when you touch it. a true one click for calling.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Instead of making a shortcut to the contact you can select "direct dial" instead of "contact" and it will allow you to have one touch dialing to a contact.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Instead of making a shortcut to the contact you can select "direct dial" instead of "contact" and it will allow you to have one touch dialing to a contact.

what is direct dial? i've had my eris for 15 months and i've never seen an option for direct dial.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Home Screen > Shortcuts > Direct Dial

Just saw that this morning. Nice for one-click calling.

Personally, I'll use the Contact option since it gives you the different communication options. But it is nice to know there is a direct dial option.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
well i'll be... there it is. i never noticed it before. you end up with the same end results, just go a different route to get there. thanks for the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa