Need Help to root and install Marshmallow on G4

Palmtreehugger

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone out here, I know there are some smart people here, who can help me, and list the steps to root My unlocked Verizon VS986 and put Marshmallow on it? I want to run AT&T service, which I have, but have a rooted G4 running Marshmallow. I'm great with PC's but turning my G4 into a paperweight has me hesitating to pull the trigger. There must be a few folks out here that have done this very same thing. HELP!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon MM update hasn't been released yet, so as of right now, you wouldn't be able to put an official MM ROM on your phone even if it was rooted. There may be some third party ROMs floating around but I'm not familiar with them off hand.

I have been keeping up with things in the G4 forum and I'd be hesitant taking MM right now anyway. The initial feedback from other versions that did get an update is that battery life took a big hit. Some have started saying things improve after a week, and/or resetting the phone, but the negative feedback still outnumbers the positive so far. I've personally disabled the update checker on my Verizon G4 to prevent it from updating until I can see what others report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20