How do you get rid of weird unknown notification sound?

A

AC Question

how do you get rid of weird unknown notification sound

There is this weird notification sound on my phone and I don't know how to get rid of it. It rings every five minutes almost literally and it doesn't uses media volume not ring tone. I don't know whether it's an app or not but. Is there anyway of getting rid of it without having to turn off media volume?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do you get rid of weird unknown notification sound

Hi, welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have? You could search in your settings for "alert" and check if there is any option enabled.

baribob

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I've got a similar issue. Buzz's and doublebeeps every five minutes. Silencing media volume does not silence the beeps. Does not occur in safe mode, so I understand it must be result of an installed app. So I am methodically uninstalling apps and waiting to see if problem continues. Extremel.y tedious. I searched phone settings for alert and found only emergency related settings. Phone: Nexus 6, android 6.0.1. It apparently began after installing andorid security patch level "January 1, 2016" a few days ago.

Emmaquebec

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

Hello I have the same problem. I have a Nexus 5 and I've turned off all the alerts in the "cell broadcast settings" ( like AMBER alerts and all). Can you help me?1

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hello I have the same problem. I have a Nexus 5 and I've turned off all the alerts in the "cell broadcast settings" ( like AMBER alerts and all). Can you help me?1

Hello Emma, welcome to the forums! You could check if that notification is listed under the notification log. Try this. Long press on the home screen, tap on widgets, scroll down until you find "settings", tap & hold on it and drag it to your screen. From that list select "Notification log" to create the shortcut.

Last edited:

breezy_81416

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

My phone is a Galaxy Core Prime. My phone has a 5 tone chime that is unknown. The only time it does it is when I have notifications. I've been through my settings and turned all of the other sounds off for my apps and it still does it. Just 20 minutes ago it did it twice in the span of 5 minutes. I need help, if this is a virus on my phone I'm gonna flip. I just need to know if this is nothing serious or simply a ghost ringtone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech