Why won't my screen turn off at all?

A

AC Question

My screen won't turn off at all...

Last night my phone screen suddenly wouldn't turn off at all. The power button doesn't turn off the screen(however if held it does pop up with: "Power Off", "Reboot", and "Airplane mode" like it normally did). I've tried downloading apps that on other similar discussions have been said to help turn off the screen, but they haven't worked for me.

Sorry for the lack of information, but that's really all I know.

mendoza2

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
So my phone battery was drained yesterday before I was able to find it and plug it in to charge. When I started it up this morning the screen started acting up again. I tried taking out the battery again and powering it on like last time but this time it didn't work(done it three times so far).

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: My screen won't turn off at all...

Something is obviously keeping your screen on. Before we assume that it's a hardware issue, can you recall what apps you might have recently installed or updated shortly before the problem arose? As well (and take no offense at the question) have you installed any apps from sources other than the Play Store that may not be reliable? Also, what device are you using? Is it rooted or modded in any way?

Do you have a case on the device that may not align well with your volume (or any) buttons that might be forcing a screen wake?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci