Ear piece barely working , but everything else works. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Ear piece barely working , but everything else works.

I splashed some hot chocolate on the face of my LG cell phone, wiped it off (got more on the screen protector than anything) and the volume heard from the earpiece gradually declined during the course of the day. By the end of the day, all I could hear was a VERY faint talking from person I tried calling. All of the other functions, text, calling or receiving calls, bringing up pictures work, just can't hear from the ear piece. I have already taken the phone apart and placed in a baggie of rice for 24 hours. I could hear something initially, but once I put the phone back together, it was back to the VERY faint sounds. Please tell me I don't have to buy a new phone :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ear piece barely working , but everything else works.

"placed in a baggie of rice for 24 hours" evaporating all the water and concentrating everything else. That's the easiest way to destroy a phone. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!.

I suspect you have a bad earphone jack. A really good shop may replace it for you, but if it's on the motherboard, most shops will want to replace the motherboard (and considering that there may be some "time bombs" in there from th hot chocolate, I wouldn't put that much money into the phone - just to find it failing in a few months.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835