Is it good to use same google account on 2 android device?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an android phone and I just bought a new android tablet.

Should I use the same google login for play store on 2 devices or should I open a new google login for my new android tablet?

What are the pros and cons?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they're both yours, you want the same cloud account (so you can share files), the same contacts backed up, etc., use the same account. (I'd also put the same apps on both - so you're doing things the same way on both. You might want a word processor on the tab and not on the phone, but start out with at least very similar setups, until you learn whether you're gong to be using them differently.)

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The same account on multiple devices is not just beneficial, but encouraged. It's the best way to get the most out of the Android experience.

The Play Store (and all of Google's services) can identify each device individually, and will synchronize all your needed information between devices.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I use the same account on the new device, how to get a list of all the apps (that was installed in my first device) and download them, so my new device has the same apps? Do I need to go play store to search one by one and install?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If I use the same account on the new device, how to get a list of all the apps (that was installed in my first device) and download them, so my new device has the same apps? Do I need to go play store to search one by one and install?

All you need to do is open the Play Store on your new device and go to My Apps. There you will see two tabs.. "Installed" and "All". The names of the tabs are pretty self explanatory, "Installed" are the apps currently installed on that particular device, and "All" are all the apps that you've ever purchased and/or installed on previous devices. From the "all" tab, you can choose which apps to install to the current device.

Additionally, during setup of your new device you have the option to automatically synchronize and install all the apps you currently have installed on other devices. For example, when you replace or upgrade your current smartphone, all the apps you currently had installed on the old device will automatically be installed on the new replacement device if it's compatible with the new device. Though if you have a ton of apps, I recommend you make it a point to do that when you have a WiFi connection active so as not to chew through all your data.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I use the same google account on my new tablet, does it mean that if I install an app into my new tablet (the same app was installed before in my other device), the app in my new tablet will contain the same information of the other device? For example if the app had contacts or reminders, will the same contacts and reminders will appear in the new tablet?

Is it possible to use the same google account on my new tablet without using having the information of the other older device? For example lets say I have a reminder app and note taking app installed in the other older device for work purpose. For this new tablet I would only use it as a GPS and for entertainment, can prevent the reminder app and note taking app from showing up, or create a new blank document?

Thanks