Why can't I click any buttons in popups?

A

AC Question

i can't click any button in popups

Hello guys!
Yesterday i started my android phone and i realised that i can't press any buttons in popups, aswell any buttons in the menubar. I didn't change anything on the system before. My phone wasn't even rooted.
To fix it, i tried to do a factory reset. I couldn't do it over the android menu, cause there i had do confirm it in a popup ^^ So i did it over the recovery menu.
Then i rebooted my phone and selected the Language and the Keyboardlanguage. After that there came a popup where i had to agree the EULA. And see, the button didnt react.
Does anyone of you guys what to do? I even did a Firmware update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: i can't click any button in popups

Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen respond to any taps at all, like swipes? If not, then the touchscreen digitizer probably failed.

I was going to ask if you had a screen dimming app installed, because these apps can inexplicably interfere with certain button presses--but that should have gone away after the factory reset.

cs_FlexX

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Yes, the screen responds to tabs and swipes. Some buttons are actually working(like the apps on the menu). But i figured out, that the others (like those in the popups) are reacting, but they need like one minute to react.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It shouldn't be taking that long, though. If that's still happening after a factory reset, I'd wonder about something wrong with the firmware. Does it occur in Safe Mode? Which phone do you have? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

cs_FlexX

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

My phone is called Prestigio Multiphone 7500.
I can't even find a way to boot it into the safe mode.
I'll never buy a cheap phone like this, i guess ^^
Now im trying to downgrade the firmware.
Thanks for your help man ;D

cs_FlexX

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Im dumb. what i did was a firmware update and not a reinstallation. But i can't find the original firmware.
Im asking Prestigio for it ^^

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

On some phones, after the logo appears during the boot proces, you have to press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears in order to get into Safe Mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And it's not a specific part of the screen that isn't responding, right? It doesn't matter where these buttons are on the screen?

I'm suspecting a corrupt firmware. This may be tough to fix, because you'd have to reinstall the firmware, which would require rooting and finding the stock firmware to install. Try searching some place like xda-developers.com for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante