Help me choose a new phone!!

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been struggling in my new phone selection. Currently using Blackberry 10 - I love the OS but its getting old and I need a new phone.

Bought and returned various phones including BB Priv, Nexus 6P (too big) and Oneplus X (great hardware but software is buggy).

Now help me decide on a new hardware - thinking of HTC M9 or Lumia 950. I know these are two very different phones - like the W10 OS a lot.

Main requirements for me are a very good email client that's on par with BlackBerry. None of the android phones are that good with emails. I've multiple email accounts Gmail, iCloud and exchange. I need all of them in one all mail view ( hub on bb10 is so good!!)

Plus a good messaging app, a very good phone with a good antenna for with no signal issues (I use the phone extensively for calls) and browsing

Not a big fan of apps other than some banking apps

How's the outlook on Windows? Does it have the all mail view? It didn't have it last time when in checked

Lumia costs almost twice as much as HTC (which is a lot cheaper on Kijiji). But it's not a big issue for me .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Main requirements for me are a very good email client that's on par with BlackBerry.
Then get a BB - no email app is better than theirs - and it's not available in full on any other OS..

Plus a good messaging app
There are hundreds. "Good" is a personal choice. I may hate the one you consider best.

a very good phone with a good antenna for with no signal issues
That's the radio, not the antenna, and it mostly depends on how the carrier covers the area you need. My best phone was useless yesterday, when I went into an area I knew my carrier didn't cover. My worst (11 year old) phone works everywhere I normally go. There are currently no "receiver doesn't work" phones out, like one of the earlier iPhones was.

That's the web browser. There are currently almost 100 of them, so no matter which phone you choose, install the browser you prefer. (I use Firefox for power and Atlas for speed (you can't do anything with it but browse, but it's fast).

How's the outlook on Windows? Does it have the all mail view? It didn't have it last time when in checked.
That depends on the mail app you use, not the OS. You can install any app you like from the Google or MS app site.

Lumia costs almost twice as much as HTC (which is a lot cheaper on Kijiji). But it's not a big issue for me .
Nokia has always made good phones and, unlike some other buyouts, MS just bought them, they didn't ruin them. But do you want a card slot, a replaceable battery, Windows or Android, etc.? Those are personal choices.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante